Jason Segel was really working on it unironically when he was younger. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=102232289 (Skip to 13:30)
Haha, oh wow.
“One foot in front of the other,” said Newt, “through leaves, over bridges—-” —Vonnegut wrote romance? What the shit.
How would a typical social justice activist feel about the below conflicts?
- Poor black middleschool kids taunting an Asian immigrant schoolbus driver for having an accent
- Wealthy Asian people belittling “white trash”
- A Christian male black manager who hates premarital sex and gay people having a white, female subordinate who has had both casual sex and same-sex experimentation
- Gay men who are misogynistic
It’s like, people on this site (and liberals everywhere) think that there’s a clear Victim vs Oppressor dichotomy. Shit gets much, much more confusing in real life and people who you think should have a “We’re all in this together” attitude clearly don’t.
- How much money do you think it would take to get Andrew WK to sing Afternoon Delight?
Quick rundown of fucked up things Mars Hill Preaches:
- Marriage is for men and women only
- Women should be subservient to men, and not have jobs
- Women should not have premarital sex
- Pornography destroys marriages
- Masturbating without a member of the opposite sex present is a form of homosexuality, and thus immoral
So basically, I work for a man who is a member of a congregation that actively shits on my lifestyle every day. This is like a black man finding out his white boss is a Neonazi. Actually, it’s funny, he is black, but the church he’s following only spreads hate along gender and sexuality lines (not racial ones), so I guess it’s all gravy for him. That motherfucker has no taste for irony.
If there was a church in Seattle that preached black people like him were subhuman instead of gays, that place would get burned to the ground immediately. Racism is rightfully deemed unacceptable by our society. But people still act complacent and tolerant about homophobia. Why?